Front Back
PAUL JONES Blended Whiskey Front PAUL JONES Blended Whiskey Back

PAUL JONES

WHISKEY BLENDED
Blended
Whiskey & Neutral Spirits
PAUL JONES DISTILLING CO.
Louisville, Ind. U.S.A.
86
-
Made In The U.S.A.
louisville, Ky.
Paul Jones began making whiskey in Georgia in 1865. In 1866 he moved to Louisville and acquired Four Roses, among other brands.

In 1889, Jones purchased the J G Mattingly & Bro. distillery (RD #2, 5th District) in Louisville for $125,000 at public auction. It ran as J G Mattingly Co., with Jones as President, until the plant was sold to the Trust in 1902.

In 1922, Paul Jones & Co. bought out Frankfort Distillery Inc. The latter controlled a distillery in Frankfort but, more importantly, was one of the few companies granted a permit to sell liquor for medicinal purposes during Prohibition. Paul Jones & Co. now assumed the Frankfort Distilleries Inc. name to retain the valuable medicinal sales license.

By 1928, stocks of pre-Prohibition whiskey had dwindled and the company contracted the Louisville-based A Ph. Stizel distillery to supply them with spirits.

When Prohibition was repealed in 1933, Frankfort Distilleries Inc. took over the old Stitzel plant and built a new one (Four Roses) in Shively. By the late 1940's, the distilleries and brands had been taken over by Seagrams.