Front Back
SARATOGA CLUB BRANDY Front SARATOGA CLUB BRANDY Back

SARATOGA CLUB

BRANDY
Brandy
Distilled From Grape Wine
ANGLO SWISS VINTAGER, S.A.
France
70
-
Bought On The Internet.
In a spot you'd never expect, on a quiet residential street near the crossroads of Big Basin and Sunnyvale/Saratoga roads, lies the Foothill Club. This decorative 1915 Arts and Crafts-style building was designed by Julia Morgan as a women's club, and houses the oldest social organization in Saratoga. This structure ranks among the distinguished small redwood buildings of California, and in 1978 the Clubhouse received the distinction of being listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

The old-fashioned brown-shingled facade has a wood trellis framing unusually shaped windows. An adjoining paved courtyard is dotted with Japanese maples. It's small but very pretty and private.

The Saratoga Foothill Club is the oldest social organization in the city. It was founded in 1907 by local women to provide a forum for promoting the intellectual and civic activities of the community. Today's members continue to honor the original founders and their objecives with civic activities.