Ballylarkin Irish Liqueur, created by monks at the Ballylarkin Abbey for their patrons, the Shortall clan.
After the Norman invasion of Ireland and the Anglo take over of the English throne. The indiginous O'Loricain Forced into upper Ballylarkin Parish, in the Provience of Leinster, near Killaloe. They built a 13th century Abbey. There is some controversy about who built the abbey. Some archeologist believe it was built by the Shortalls. The Abbey, was a small, but massively fortified military style church which consisted of a single small side door and decorative windows, was located across the field from Castle Ballylarkin. By 1326 the O'Lorcain's had lost possession of the Castle and lands to the family Shortall. Who by 1635 renamed the Castle to Dwogh.